There’s something very fishy going on with Eileen Whalen’s lost credit card chargeback against bankrupt tour operator Vantage Travel. It’s unclear who from the out-of-business company is fighting customer chargebacks for cruises it canceled, but someone is.
Whalen was plunged right into the middle of this bizarre mystery last month. That’s when a strange chargeback response allegedly from Vantage Travel caused Capital One to reject her valid credit card dispute.
In that rambling missive, the grammatically and factually challenged anonymous author claimed Vantage Travel hadn’t canceled any cruises in September. To add insult to injury, the letter implied Whalen was misusing the credit card dispute process. In summary, it asked Capital One to return the funds to the bankrupt tour operator.
And that’s what happened.
Have a problem with a company?
DIY: Get customer service or executive contact information for any company.
Don’t forget to subscribe to Consumer Rescue’s friendly and free weekly newsletter!
- Taking a cruise in 2023? Here’s how to avoid some common mistakes
- This hotel just hit me with $500 in fake charges. Help!
- This is what happens if you don’t want to tip on your cruise
- How to get a surprise hotel smoking fee reversed? Like this
- My vacation rental has mice! Shouldn’t Airbnb refund me?
- What can you do if you sent money to a stranger by mistake?
- Here are six Zelle scams that will quickly drain your bank account!
- Credit card disputes: Everything you need to know before you file one
- You can get banned from Facebook — permanently. This is how
- 7 simple ways to get excellent customer service and fix any problem!
- How did I lose a credit card chargeback against a bankrupt company?
- Holland America put our luggage on the wrong cruise ship! Now what?
- My passport is valid, so why did I miss my Carnival cruise?
- We upgraded our cabin to celebrate! Why did NCL cancel our $3,737 Alaskan cruise?
- I returned my rental car to the wrong airport. Can Dollar charge me $2,081 extra?
- Here’s why you should never give an eBay buyer your home address!
- Alamo billed me $662 for rental car damage. Why won’t insurance pay?
- My Airbnb host pulled a $13,314 bait and switch on me. Help!
- Will Medicare cover you on an international trip? (Don’t bet on it)
- We had our Real ID! Why couldn’t we board our Carnival Cruise?
- How buying travel insurance from a tour operator could be a $20,000 mistake
- Yes, you can still get a new passport fast. This is how